Monday, January 28, 2008

You'll Shoot Your Eye Out!!!

... and I almost did. We took our shotguns out and went shooting. We've actually done it a few times. It's lots of fun. We brought along some bowling pins and some of my roommates brought their rifles to shoot the pins with. Somewhere along the line I got this brilliant idea to shoot one of the bowling pins with my shotgun. Have you ever held a real bowling pin? They are solid wood. I blame my handicappedness ( a new word I added to the dictionary) for my stupidity. I stood about 20 yards away and pulled up my shot gun and shot. I blew the stinkin pin off of the box it was standing on and immediately got hit about an inch and a half below my left eye. SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME!!! It hurt like the dickins and I thought I was bleeding. I wasn't though. Another BB hit me in the hand and one hit one of my friends in the pants but no other harm was done. We laughed and I thanked the lord I didn't lose my vision. It was crazy. I won't be shooting pins again anytime soon. I'll stick to clay pigeons and rabits for now.



Ty doesn't like APX so he took my shotgun and shot one of their panels. Take that!

5 comments:

Valerie said...

lol, you're crazy! I've shot bowling pins several times and never had any problems, but I use a pistol. Next time you come up we should go shooting! Scott would love to show off his cool guns. We haven't been for a long time.

Burrell said...

Now Kevin. Have you learned nothing from me? Hmmm, sounds like a life lesson about to take place. Never, never, never shoot at a bowling ball. Wait, I mean a bowling pin. They ricochet and could KILL YOU! One time, at band camp...

Burrell said...

KEVIN, KEVIN. WHEREFORE ART THOU KEVIN?

Did you know that everytime I come to your blog. I hit a dead end? Yup. You need to create links on your sidebar for me to check out and view. What's going on? Did you have fun in SL with the fam? Snowboard much? Take any pics? How's school? How do you work facebook? Do you know how to check your comments?

K bye.

Jesika said...

Hola Kevin! Looks like ya'll been havin' some good ole fun! :o) Love your blog! Rather entertaining...especially, when I read everything with an accent!?!? HA HA

Have a FabULouS day!
Em's Jes

Burrell said...

Kev, I tagged you on my blog. Go there to check it out, bro. And update already!