I had already figured out what I wanted to do. I was going to take her on a hike up Ensign Peak, which is the place where Brigham Young said it was. She had never been up there and I thought, "Hey, seeing as our first kiss was on top of Dixie Rock overlooking St. George, why not propose on Ensign Peak overlooking the Salt Lake Valley?" I know, I'm kind of a hopeless romantic. Well, I had planned on doing that after she got home from visiting her brother, sister-in-law and their kids. Tyler gave me the brilliant idea of doing it before she left, cause she would never expect it. So it was all going to work out, except for two reasons: The weather didn't make for perfect proposing situations, and the Jazz game was going to be on. I just couldn't miss it.
Then I get another bright idea from Teri. She told me to just go to the airport and do it. I wasn't too big on it at first, but then the idea grew on me. That would be the last place Carrie would ever think of me asking her to marry me. So we planned it out. Now, you might say, "Gee Kev, didn't you do anything that was YOUR OWN idea?" Well to answer you subtly, yes.
I picked my mom up from work this morning and we went to the airport. Carrie and her mom were just waiting to go to security and so I called Pam to find out where they were. When I could see her from far away, I called her. She picked up the phone and asked what I was doing up so early. I told her I wanted to say goodbye before she left. Then she told me they were just waiting and she was so tired. I started talking to her about her pillow and then she remembered that she forgot something. I was walking up to her this whole time mind you. She turned to her mom to tell her, and so I hung up the phone. (Mom was recording this, but it's good to explain and get all the details). Carrie looked down and was wondering what happened. Then I walked right up to her and she was so surprised. She asked what I was doing there and I told her I wanted to say goodbye. I tried to get her to stand up which you can see in the video, but oh well. Then I said, " I also had something I wanted to ask you." That's when I got down on one knee, and the rest is History. By the way.... she said yes!
7 comments:
WOw! Nice job! COngrats!
Kevin I am so excited I can't wait to let Ashley read this. I think Carrie and yourself will have a great life together!
Congrats Kev, that is so awesome!!! So when is the big day. Even though it wasn't your own idea it is still awesome. Were people standing around watching?
I AM DYING. THE VIDEO DIDN'T LOAD. WHAT THE CRAP? DID SHE SAY YES? duh. I LOVE YOUR HAIRCUT. I LOVE THE RING. I LOVE THAT IT WAS IN THE AIRPORT. AAAAHHHHHHH! I CAN'T STOP YELLING! Just look at my baby boy all grown up and saving China.
Congrats Kevin!! I'm so happy for you :> Hooray!
Congrats Kev. I am so happy for you and can't wait to meet the newest member of our awsome family. Love you. Aunt Terrie
Kevin, There is no video! Im so sad! I am so excited for you. Congratulations Kev. I better get invited. because I wasnt invited to Jasons. that little punk!!! anyway... our blog is www.cjandjessmcnichols.blogspot.com. look it up. again, good job on the proposal and wish you the best of luck! :) Miss you!
Post a Comment