Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Vaca

Well, hello everyone. I'm not even going to waste time apologizing for my lack of posting lately. Too many things liked preventing me from blogging. With that being said, let me tell you about our fun vacation that we had.
Friday the 19th I had my last final. After I finished Carrie and I got the car packed and we headed up north. We got to about Nephi and that's when the storm hit. There were times when I couldn't see 25 feet in front of us. It was kind of intense. We were trying to make it up to a Christmas party that a Senior couple from my mission were going to throw. It turns out the storm was too rough and Sister Jacobs didn't want any of us getting in accidents on the way to their house. I was really bummed. I wanted to see a lot of my mission friends that I haven't seen forever and I wanted to show off my beautiful wife. Oh well huh. We ended up just going to the Welch's house in Alpine and played games.
Saturday we had the Jorgensen Family Christmas party. It was really fun to see everybody there. We love being around family especially around the holidays.
Sunday was the Jensen Family Christmas party up in Logan. Driving up there brought me back to the time when Em and Mike lived up there and we'd make the trip there to see them. I liked it much better when they lived an hour and a half away. We had a great time with the Grandma and Grandpa Jensen and the rest of the fam as well.
I'm trying to remember what we did on Monday. I know we got to my parents house on monday night and we hung out with them but I can't remember what we did before that. Oh wait. Now I remember. We went to Carrie's dad's and had him adjust her. She's broken. She suffers from what I like to call "I-study-bent-over-and-carry-too-much-in-my-backpack-itis". It's a new disease. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
Tuesday I had the opportunity to go snowboarding with my brother Chris. It was so much fun. There was a ton of powder from the storm from the previous day. I loved it. It was a little chilly up at the top of Sundance resort but that's expected, I mean it is snow and it's not the warmest thing ever. When I got home I was so sore but it was definitely worth it. That is something that I miss doing the most. It is just too much fun. That night we watched Horton Hears a Who. It was pretty funny. Carrie fell asleep.
Christmas Eve we just played at my Family's house. We played sjoelbak. It's a dutch game. It's terribly addicting and oh so much fun. My Family had their Christmas party and we stayed for a little bit. It was fun. We saw some cousins that we haven't seen in about ten years. That was good. We then drove to Alpine and made chinese food with Carrie's mom and sister Lisa. It was so much fun and so good. While we were making dinner we were watching Elf. If you know me you know that movie is one of my favorite. I wasn't much help with dinner cause I kept getting distracted by the movie. It's probably a good thing though cause I probably would have ruined the food.... I'm not the best cook. We stayed up late watching the Santa Clause. We got to bed around 3. Then because we had a busy day on Christmas we woke up around 7:30 a.m. Yeah, I can't tell you the last time that I woke up that early on a christmas... except for the mission. Anywho we had a marvelous Christmas morning and we are so thankful for the wonderful gifts that we recieved.
We then went and visited Carrie's dad. We had fun just talking and hanging out. Then Carrie and I drove back to my parents' house. We got there and exchanged presents. Again, we are incredibly grateful for all of the gifts that we receieved. It's so much more than I could have imagined us getting. Thank you to both of our families. You made this Christmas a great one. We love being with you and spending time together.
The day after Christmas, or 2nd Christmas as they would call it in the Netherlands, we were supposed to head back to St. George. I was supposed to work at 5:30 but it was snowing hard again and they said the roads were bad. It took me an hour and a half to dig my car out and shovel all the snow off the driveway. I called my boss and he said they would be fine without me cause it was gonna be slow. So we got to stay one more day with family and friends. We ended up going ice skating at the Olympic oval. Lisa came with us and we met Tim, Andy and Doug there. Teri and Nat came later as well. It was so much fun to hang out and skate.
I had to drive back on Saturday to make it to work and Carrie ended up staying so she could go to a wedding and a Farewell. I'm glad she got to stay but it was really hard to be away from her for those 3 days. I got really lonely and all that I can say is I'm glad she's back.
Well that's it for last week. School starts next week and I'm not too excted for it. Oh well. Bring it on. But before then I'm going to enjoy the rest of the break.
















3 comments:

Burrell said...

That picture of you and Carrie skating made me laugh out loud! You look all calm cool and collected and poor Carrie looks like you're dragging her by the arm and she's none too excited about it. Ha! I liked it better when we lived only a couple hours away, too. Miss you too much for words.
And I loved that picture so much of you and Timmy that it is now mine. Thanks.

ebsem

Amanda and Larry said...

question... how come I am not on your cool peeps list?... I am very sad now

Unknown said...

too cute of pics Kev, and I miss seeing you two. It has been a long while since I had you over for dinner. I will call and see when you can squeeze me in!