Tuesday, February 3, 2009
One Broken String = One Broken Heart
I haven't felt like myself lately. Mostly because I haven't been. So far this semester I've been working my butt off in school studying hard to earn a 4.0. It's been going well so far but that's the thing. I've been so busy that I haven't really had time to do the things that make me... me. I went bowling twice the whole month of january, which isn't a lot. Shortly that will change as my bowling class begins in two weeks. My motorcycle has been acting up lately and that bothers me. I haven't driven it as much and that is another thing that I love to do. My computer as well has started to eat itself slowly and it's hard to watch it die... But most of all the reason why I don't think I've been myself lately is because I broke a string. Over the school break (I think) I broke my guitar string while tuning it. I was so excited to play! What a crappy thing to have happen. I hadn't played for a while and then I break a string when I start to tune it!!!! Ugh! Can you believe it? How crappy. I've been so busy studying (which is a good thing) I haven't been able to pick up a guitar string and restring my baby! I came to this conclusion as I was walking home from school listening to my ipod. I was listening to a great acoustic song and it occurred to me that I miss playing that song. Then I had the epiphany about why I feel so crappy. (My wife tells me that everyone who reads this will think I have a bad wife. Well I don't. I have the most amazing wife and I love her and she helps me through the hard times. I just haven't felt like myself lately and I'm glad I could figure it out) Guitar playing for me is a way to relieve stress. I love taking a 10 min. study break to play a soothing song. I think I'm going to get me a string and restring my life to get the rythem back in it. Once I get some time, I'll put a song I've recorded on my computer up on my blog for you all to hear. Until then, may the music be with you. See ya!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am so sorry about the guitar, hopefully you can get it fixed and then you can get your groove back! I love you and do have to agree that you do have a wonderful wife!!! Lots of love!
Hey boy! All is well, you are just growing up...which stinks sometimes but you have each other and that is amazing! love ya- mom
p.s. you spelled rhythm wrong, but it's all good- study harder- LOL!
Post a Comment