I miss riding on the trains and seeing the beautiful country
I miss biking with an umbrella. I miss the pouring rain. I miss having to buy a new umbrella every month because the wind ripped your other ones to pieces while you were riding your bike...
I miss the outdoor urinals on the catholic churches. (Guess what my companion is doing!)
I miss walking in the park after the rain and talking to the stubborn Dutch
I miss Friesland! (My Oma's (grandma) family is from this town called Sneek (pronounced snake)
I miss walking in the park after the rain and talking to the stubborn DutchI miss the crazy, seemingly unsafe architecture. This building leans like crazy and looks like it is going to tip over.
I miss the Centrum and the cobble stone streets
I miss the beautiful parks and lakes
I miss these random signs. This one reads "Dear dogs... Poop (it actually says something different but I'll just stick with the G rated version) please in front of your door but not in front of our door. Please. "
I don't really miss pigeons cause we have them here, but I do miss Dam Plein (Dam sqaure in Amsterdam)
I miss the wooden shoes
I can't tell you how much I miss the beautiful canals running throughout the entire city
I don't really miss pigeons cause we have them here, but I do miss Dam Plein (Dam sqaure in Amsterdam)
7 comments:
I miss you. I miss Holland and I've never even been there. Our country here is great and all, but there's something missing. It's not old enough. It doesn't have the culture or whatever it is you want to call it. Why can't we have signs on our front porch telling dogs where to poop?
probs
Probs because someone would take offense and turn us into the politically correct police. And we'd be all, "Hey. What's your probs man? I was just telling the puppies where to poop. Would you rather me tell you where to poop?" That in and of itself would create a whole new set of probs.
Oh- now I miss Holland. Great tour again son, thanks for the memories and LOL I love how you quickly came back to reality with your new toy! You forgot to mention the trains and the humble older people and the flowers, the almond cookies and that you are 1/2 Dutch so you are also stubborn! LOL
Mom, seeing as I'm half dutch, I'm only half stubborn.
Ugh! I miss it too, and I've only seen a fraction. Thanks Cousin!!
AHHHH I am going there before I die, hopefully while I still can remember tomorrow too! such beautiful pictures. I am sooo lucky and blessed to have been born of such goodly parents and such a wonderful heritage! thank you for the visit! I feel like...I belong there too!
my dad served in holland too. cool pics. happy birthday!!!
Kevin! I just found your blog from Deborah's blog (she was friends with my friends at USU)! It's so good to see what you're up to and I just found you on facebook too! Oh my your post made me miss Holland so much too! I can't wait to go back with my husband as well ahhh! I hope you're doing well. You can check out our blog here: http://danandhaleyhill.blogspot.com.
Post a Comment