Monday, April 4, 2011

Is it really work if I like it?

Have I told you about my really awesome job lately? No? Well sit back and let me tell you about it. Three weeks ago I started training at a company called Tahitian Noni International. I am a sales and service agent for the Dutch market. This means I get to speak to people in the Netherlands and Belgium. And I get paid to do it! I really enjoy it so far, even though I haven't actually spoken to anyone there yet. I have just been listening in on phone calls trying to get used to everything. There is a ton of information to take in. But just hearing dutch on the telephone makes me so happy. I am so glad that I get to continue to better my dutch skills. Another part of my job is translating documents from English to Dutch, which I really enjoy doing. It makes me think and helps me learn all sorts of new words. This company is really cool and they are so great to their employees. TNI is a multilevel marketing business (although that is not what I do) and they are operating in 75 countries. The Dutch people really love the product and they love to share it with others. There are only two Dutch agents in the company.... a dutch girl named Morwenna and myself. Morwenna is from a city called Leiden. She moved here 6 years ago I think. She graduated from BYU and has 2 kids. I really enjoy working with her. Almost every one of the dutch and belgian people working for TNI in their countries know her and know that when they call, they will get her on the line.... At least until now. She was the only Dutch agent there until I got hired. I will be taking most of the calls from now on. She's got more important things to do now. So I think that it will be a weird transition for them when they call us up and they hear my ever-so-deep voice (well, it is compared to hers) and not hers. It will be interesting that's for sure.
TNI does a lot of cool things. They take people on amazing trips and throw lots of parties. I am hoping and praying that I will get the opportunity to go on one of these trips and my chances are quite high. If Morwenna can't go, then I get to go. They usually need someone to translate for the dutch people that go on these trips.
Here's hoping....

2 comments:

Penny said...

This is so great! I am so happy for you!

becca said...

Nothin like doing what you love!