Friday, July 12, 2013

Yeah, I don't have an excuse...

Hello blog world and to those few people who may read this. I guess it's been a while... 2 years and 2 days to be exact. The last post I did was when my baby boy was born. I cannot believe that he is TWO! Holy smokes where has the time gone?

I don't even know where to begin picking up. Uh, I guess we got home from the hospital with out any mishaps... um, let's fast forward a little shall we?

Lincoln just turned two. I mentioned that already, but I still can't believe it. He is taking after me and always trying to find ways to make people laugh. I love him so much and I really couldn't be a happier dad.

My boy loves to count to 10 even though he skips a few numbers occasionally. He seems to have something against the number 5. Anyway, he is constantly singing the ABC's and I love how ellemenohpee is just one word for him.

Carrie and I really have to watch what we say around him because he repeats EVERYTHING!!! One day I went to pick him up from his high chair after he had eaten some cottage cheese. I say eaten but I should say he styled his hair with it. It was everywhere. As I picked him up I said, "Oh man you are a freakin' mess!" The second those words left me lips I realized I had made a mistake. Lincoln held off for 10 seconds giving me a glimmer of hope that he hadn't heard me. To my dismay (and entertainment) he says as I wash his hands and face off, "freakin' mess!" I couldn't help but laugh which I've found is never good to do when you don't want someone who feeds off of laughter, like me. Thankfully, he seems to have forgotten about that sentence cause I haven't heard it lately.

One of my favorite random sentences that Lincoln says lately is, "I ate the bones". He hasn't even seen that KFC commercial but he heard me tell my sister Emily about it and now it seems to be his catch phrase. He says it at the most random times too and it gets me every time.

Lincoln at the beach in Coronado, CA. His lips are covered in sand and Doritos Chips. I hear the combo is delicious.
I love how much he talks and I am grateful every day for the experiences and life lessons I learn from him.

I'm sure I will post more about Lincoln in the upcoming posts. I am going to TRY and blog a little more. I enjoy writing, although I don't feel I am very good at it. But having a blog is nice because I can include a lot more about what's going on in our lives than I can on Facebook. I don't even know if anyone will still read this. I may have lost any and all followers I previously had. Honestly I don't blame you. Why would you keep checking a blog that is never updated? Well, dear reader, I will update this blog more often than once every 2 years. I'll even let you quote me on that.

Here's the latest on Carrie. She's working once a week for a dental office in Provo. It's called Platinum Dental and she's enjoying it. It's more of a faster paced office than she is used to, but she's getting used to it. She loves being home with Lincoln more than anything. I am grateful for the wonderful mom that she is. She is always teaching our boy where ever we go and whatever we do.

I interrupt this blog post to tell you about the LOUD neighbors that live above us. It should actually just be one lady from Mexico but she has so many people over ALL THE TIME. Her husband passed away a few weeks ago and she's been having a rough time. She is really so sweet but I just don't understand how they can be so loud. It sounds like they are constantly dropping bowling balls on the floor.

Ok, here's the latest on me. I have one more semester at UVU. I can't believe I am almost done with my undergrad. It's been a very long journey and I only have a lot more to go. I took the Dental Admissions Test (DAT) back in May. I didn't do as well as I'd hoped and so I will be retaking it in September. I am finding out how much fun the application process isn't... I will be applying to a few schools this year and if I don't get in I will apply for the next year right as the applications open up in the spring. I may just be 34 by the time I am done with school. I'm ok with that. I'm still young. I still look young I guess. I don't feel very young, though. Why does my lower back have to hurt so bad? Shouldn't this pain wait for like 10 or 15 more years?

I am still working at Morinda (Tahitian Noni International). However, I am no longer on the phones. I am now on the Web Team. I do tech support (which is a fancy way of saying I teach people how to use the internet) as well as web chatting with people on our website. The main part of my job is testing our websites. It sounds monotonous and it mostly is, but I actually enjoy doing it. I get paid to listen to my music and try and find ways to break our website.


That's it for now. I really will write more soon. I've been meaning to blog for quite sometime, it was just a matter of sitting down and doing it. I hope you enjoyed catching up on our lives. I leave you with this awesome video of Lincoln.


1 comment:

Burrell said...

"Are you all right?"
"Eh heh. Bok hed."
K, I seriously LOVE THIS BOY. He could not be any cuter.