Sunday, September 7, 2008

Vaction part II

Now that I have another moment, I can continue to put pictures of our cruise up. Once again, I shall explain them with each picture, unless it's pretty self explanatory.

I thought this was pretty cool. Our cruise ship is in the very back, and I loved all the little boats in front. This was on Catalina Island. We just walked around and looked in all the shops.



What I would give to be back lying on a beach looking up at the palm tress. We took a nap on the beach. There were these kids by us with really great imaginations and they were having a war. They would throw sand at each other's sand base (basically an overturned bucket mold of sand) and yell, "You will regret to have done that. FIRE THE SAND GRENADES!!!" That was kind of distracting for our sleep. But it was entertaining nonetheless.


These birds were funny. Every time I put my camera down, they'd do something worth taking a picture of. The moment I raised my camera, they'd stop. Go figure. Note: That white rock was not originally white..... that's their white washing job. Tom Sawyer, eat your heart out.


Each time we got back on the ship, we were starving. So we'd run up to the cafeteria and grab some grub. We didn't want to spend a small fortune on food when we got off at each stop, plus free pizza always sounds good right?


Yet another one of the towel animals. This one was a rabbit.

One night, there was a chocolate buffet. We decided that sounded like fun, so we went. They had all this fruit that they carved. It was pretty cool. This was a watermelon.


All of this was carved from fruit. Cool huh?

Of course they had chocolate sculptures as well.

I thought this was neat and it also looked delicious.... There's a baby you could really take a bite out of...

Choco tiger

Le Chocloate Eiffel Tower.

This was ensenada Mexico. Well, part of it at least. This is where the famous blow hole is. In Spanish they call it, "La Bufadora".

This is my darling wife trying to bargain with a spanish lady for a plate. The lady didn't budge. We thought the plate was so cool so we bought it anyway. that's how you know when you are not a kid anymore and you are married... You get excited about things like plates....or microwaves....or washing machines....




This is the blow hole. If you are patient and you watch to the very end, you can see a pretty decent one. It was pretty cool.
I do have to say it wasn't as entertaining as all of the vendors that tried to pull is in their shops. We'd walk by and they'd all yell out, "Honeymooners! Come here!". To which we'd reply, "No we don't have time". Then they said my favorite line, "Oh come on. Come for one mexican second." It never got old and I still laugh when I think about it. One guy got mad at me because we just walked by and he threw something at me. I don't know what it was and luckily it didn't hurt.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

This is Ashley!! I miss you guys. I loved the pictures! Okay it's Mandy now. Great pictures, loved the video that was pretty cool. Glad you came back in one piece. HEHEHEHE

Josie said...

Hey there- I am so glad you guys blog! I just got done writing on my blog about how you guys and Jeff are our only married cousins without blogs (you had been married like a week), and then I find out you BOTH have them! Where have I been!?! SO send me a email at Danceryes@hotmail.com so I can add you to our safe list and you can enjoy our blog like I am going to enjoy yours! Hope you are enjoying life!
-Love Josie

Burrell said...

I am a little disturbed to see that the rabbit looks like it's doing the rabbit on your leg. Sorry, but it's the truth. And those chocolate sculptures? Fascinating. Beware the sand grenades and the Mexican seconds. Also, he probably threw a piece of rotten fruit or a sand grenade. Whichever.